Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still No News

So I guess I lied because I said I wasn't going to update my blog until I got a court date. But shortly after my last post, God had a little talking to me about my attitude. So I thought I'd share some of what God is teaching me. First of all, I am continually amazed at how much God is working in my life. And it would take way to long to type it all out. But I'll give you a brief look.
I read a devotional that talked about being a picture to the world of what God is about to do. And it ended with the question: How can my life be more of a picture of God's heart? I felt so convicted. I felt like God slapped the back of my head and said "HEY! IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!"
This story, this adoption, is about God. It is for His glory and to demonstrate his redemption. It's not about me, and my desires. God is not with holding good from me. He promises to work all things for good for those that love him.
I also read a couple of passages. Psalms 130:5 "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."
And I can't type out the whole passage, but I read Isaiah 40:21-31. But verse 23-26 says, " 23He it is who reduces rulers to nothing,
Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless.
24 Scarcely have they been planted,
Scarcely have they been sown,
Scarcely has their stock taken root in the earth,
But He merely blows on them, and they wither,
And the storm carries them away like stubble.
25" To whom then will you liken Me
That I would be his equal?" says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing.

Goodness, I can't even begin to tell you all the ways that this (and the rest of the passage) speak to me. But the gist of it is this: my heart needs to be waiting on God. This adoption is not being controlled by the paperwork, the agency or the "judges of this world" God is in complete control. I need to lift my eyes up to him. My hope is in HIM. He will give me strength. He has not forgotten my cause.

So I realize, that seems long. But that is as brief as I can put it. Please continue to pray for me, for Violet, and that we get a court date.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You totally hit a cord with me and my thinking process...

Praying for you!

Lara said...

God is graciously carrying you both through this, isn't He... I think of this verse in my waiting: John 21:15 "So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You " He said to him, "Tend My lambs." He is asking me "Do you love me more than this desire?"

Blume Family said...

I sent a long e-mail to the address on your blog (by the t-shirt section). I think we are in a very similar situation. We can pray for each other, and maybe we'll get our court dates this week!!?! :)

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

Waiting... I understand and feel that our wait is quite overwhelming at times.... They told us that the wait for sibling sets is currently undefined. But holding onto God here.... I will pray that God gives you strength for this journey.

Cindy said...

(((hugs)))