Friday, May 29, 2009

More Lessons

So as not to lose all of my blog followers I thought I should post something. Our adoption is still in the same place. We've been waiting on one piece of paper for about a month now. And we have no idea when that is going to happen.
Over the last several weeks God has really given me a lot of peace. I still have bad days but I've been much less consumed by the whole process. God continues to teach me SO SO much. And he continues to surround me by people who are so supportive and are standing in the gap and interceding for us.

I often don't know what to pray. Do I pray with faith that God will bring her home before the courts close? He hasn't promised me that. But he says to pray and believe it will happen. And that sometimes we have not because we ask not. But he also says to pray according to God's will. I don't know what God's will is. So I cling to this verse:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26&27

The promise I DO have is this: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son..." Romans 8:28&29
God promises to work all things out for our good. And I cling to the knowledge that God is good. But he has opened my eyes in a new way to His goodness. God promises to work things out for our good, meaning to be conformed to the likeness of His son (as verse 29 states). God IS good and my ultimate good is not getting what I want. It is being conformed to His image. Psalms 73:28 "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds."

God has truly stretched my faith and stretched my understanding of Him. And for that I am thankful.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Still praying Katy. So glad you are leaning on God, the source of strength. He will comfort you.

Traci Weldie said...

Adoption does stretch our faith, doesn't it? We all have much to learn about God's perfect timing and His love for all his children! I'm learning right along with you!!

Don't give up hope and continue to stand on God's promises...it's all we have!