This Christmas feels extra special. As do most events in my life these days. Violet and Tytus make everything feel more special. The joy I feel in my heart when I hear my children sing songs and open presents and see Christmas lights is immeasurable. It doesn’t matter how much I say it, I could never fully express my praise and thanks to God for their lives and for allowing me to be their mommy. I can feel and experience all of God’s grace and love and blessing poured out on me when they just put their arm around my neck and say, “love you mommy”. The fact that God chooses to refer to Himself as our father makes me understand His heart so much clearer now that I have experienced being a mom. And wow, God really loves us.
As we remember the birth of Jesus this Christmas I am overwhelmingly thankful for our savior. Being a mom has also allowed me to see my need for a savior more than ever. As I am stretched in new ways God continues to work out the ugly sin in my heart. Sin that may have otherwise stayed hidden without these challenges, but was in there nonetheless. I will never understand how God could love me just as I am. And to love me enough to step out of heaven and take human form is unfathomable. And yet He did. THANK YOU JESUS!
2010 will always be remembered with a very special place in my heart as a year of rejoicing. This year Sam and I celebrated 10 years of marriage and our first year of parenthood. Though everyday has not been spent rejoicing, as parenting two toddlers also comes with some huge frustration and challenges. And I wouldn’t want to lead you to believe that every moment is like walking on sunshine. I’m just as exhausted and worn out as any other mom. But when I look back at the year, those daily moments aren’t the ones that I remember, it’s the overall experience that I treasure in my heart. Because after a long tiring day when Violet gives me a kiss and says her silly bedtime prayers, it wipes it all away. Christmas came very early for us this year, when we brought Violet home in February and Tytus home in June it was the best gift I ever received.
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment