Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thankful

Last night after I tucked my kids in bed, lounged on the couch for a while and then read my bible. A simple phrase in a verse I have read a hundred times jumped out on me. Romans 12:12 says, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." It was the "faithful in prayer part that jumped out at me." I pray for my children but as of lately my time with the Lord has been lacking quite a bit. I felt compelled to really intercede for them in prayer. As I snuck in their room and knelt beside each of their beds I was overcome with thankfulness and praise for our God. I am SO SO SO blessed. I love my kids more than I could ever have imagined. And am so privileged that God chose me to be their mommy. Thinking back at the LONG wait for Violet, it was SO worth every heart wrenching day. I would do it over again in a second to have my precious daughter. And PRAISE THE LORD that he doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want. Violet "should" have been home no later than May. But if that had happened we wouldn't have Tytus. And God knew from the beginning that he had not one, but two blessings for us. I am so thankful that God is faithful, that he hears our prayers, that he is sovereign. And that His plan is so much better than ours. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

0 comments: