Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tomorrow we'll be Four!

Tomorrow Sam will come home with Tytus. My heart is SO full tonight. My soul is just praising the LORD. Tomorrow, our adoption journey will end, and our life as a forever family will begin. I sometimes think I need to write a book to describe how amazing God has been through this whole journey, how much he has taught me, how awesome the gift of adoption is. This journey was SO hard. And it was SO worth it! And I would do it all over again. God has called us to care for orphans, and though I thought it would be a sacrifice, it's been the biggest blessing of my entire life. And I will never be the same. Not just because I am a mom, but because in this journey, God changed my heart. He kneaded and pulled and twisted and molded me. And even though it hurt...a lot...I want more. This is the life I want. I don't want the cushy life, I want to be molded into being more like Christ. I want to see things through His eyes. I've heard a few people say that they wouldn't choose international adoption after seeing how difficult the process has been for us. And honestly, that breaks my heart. They're missing out. They're missing out on the blessing. The blessing in the end, of seeing a life without hope, be redeemed. But also the blessing of the pain in the journey. It's in the pain, when we're broken and at the end of ourselves, that we see God more clearly. That He can take what we thought we knew about God, and blow it out of the water.
Tonight my heart is full. As I rocked my baby girl and put her to bed, listened to her pray in her baby babble to Jesus, and smile securely as I said night night and walked out, my heart was singing praises to our God. He makes all things new.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I would choose it. You are an inspiration, my sweet friend. Love you.

Pastor Kurt and JoLynn Coleman said...

You are an enemy slayer! I'm so proud of you and couldn't be more overjoyed to think of you four together tomorrow. Love you!
jo

Traci Weldie said...

Amen, sister! I, along with you, would chose to do this all over again, knowing how much I have grown closer to the Lord through the process. No more cushy life...we are forever changed. And that's a good thing!

I can't wait to see your first pictures of the family of four :)

Cindy said...

I am so excited for you! Hoping we get to meet your complete family sometime soon!
Congratulations!