We did not pass our first two court dates for Tytus. On Friday they said that the case was continued to Monday or Tuesday due to confusion over the recommendation letter from the ministry of woman's affairs in Ethiopia. So tonight could be court again. I am praying it's tonight. I cannot wait to see my little boy again. It's amazing how different it feels this time. Last time every time we failed court seemed like confirmation that this really was never going to happen. Because I have Violet home this time, and because I have met Tytus, I have so much more peace and confidence that he will come home right when he is supposed to. God is completely in control, and always has been.
I've been thinking back over this journey, as I'm sure I will for years, and have been so amazed at how faithful God has been to me. He was right there with me every step of the way, even when I had a hard time seeing it. I really wish that I was a better writer, that I could explain a little of what God showed me this year. Of how He reached into my heart and transformed it, expanded my view of Himself, stretched me and molded me. I wish I could even touch on how in awe of Him I am. I hope in all of this year, for those of you who have been following this journey, that you have seen Him more. That you understand that I am not great, not even slightly. But that God is so much more wonderful than we could ever imagine. He is so worthy of our trust, of our life.
6 years ago


3 comments:
I love how God has taught you so much over the past year! He is faithful to use those difficult times to transform our hearts - thankfully, we both are not the same women we were a year ago, huh?
Praying that you pass court today or tomorrow!!!
I am so glad you passed court. How amazing that God would have everything pass so close to you bringing Violet home! I wish I could give you all a big hug!
Congratulations, guys! You're family will all be coming together soon!
Post a Comment