Saturday, September 26, 2009

Second Medicals for Tytus

We got Tytus's second medicals on thursday! YAY! This is a big step. As soon as my pediatrician looks them over, then they will begin gathering the paperwork to submit to court. So basically Violet and Tytus's adoptions are in the same place. I'm really starting to wonder if we're going to end up getting Tytus first. Wouldn't that be crazy!
Violet's paperwork is still spinning in circles. So, I'll spare you the details, honestly they're so confuzing and we take two steps forward three steps back so it's hard to follow. We haven't actually made any progress since April.
God continues to work me over and turn me inside out. The last few weeks He has been giving me a glimpse into my own heart. About how I was allowing bitterness to take root. About how I was blaming my problems on the adoption and not realizing, it's my heart that is the problem. I've once again strayed from depending on Him everyday. I'm not walking closely with my savior. I'm thinking only about the adoption and pretty much nothing else. And basically that amounts to worshipping the adoption and not Him. I find myself crying out, "How long O God? How long will you not answer me?" And last week I heard him say back, "How long O Katy? How long will you not worship me?"
He is remaking me, refining me. Though I may hate to admit it, I'm going to be a better mom because of all of this. I've prayed that God would prepare my heart and I just didn't realize how much work it needed.
I will choose this day to worship the one and only God, because He alone is worthy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah! So happy to hear one of the kiddos is on track. Finally! Im telling you all of a sudden everything will just come together and then you won't believe your baby is in your arms. It all goes by so quickly. Can't wait. Abraham needs a boy to play with. His sister is a bit too prissy to wrestle with him like he wants. Keep us posted. Keeping your family in thoughts and prayers

Joy Portis said...

Yeah! Praying eerything is completed and you will have a court date SOON! I cannot imagine how painful this wait has been and continues to be! Praying peace for your mothers heart that longs t ohold her children!

Blessings