Monday, June 29, 2009

Going Crazy

Sometimes I feel like a crazy person. My emotions are all over the place. And as I try not to be controlled by them. Sometimes I wonder if it's making me more crazy. I can swing from feeling peaceful and trusting in God's sovereignty to overwhelming frustration in the matter of moments. I'm constantly trying to keep my emotions at bay. And it's exhausting.
Today I was already feeling frustrated again about the adoption when I learned that I need to re-do my fingerprints because they expire soon. And if we don't travel before September we will have to update our Homestudy. Which will be an additional cost. So needless to say I felt so much more cheery after hearing that. (Do you hear the sarcasm in my voice) It's not so much about the money. It's that we're waiting and waiting and then to add insult to injury, we've waited so long some of our paperwork is going to expire. Can we just get passed this already!
I can't describe the ache in my heart. I want to hold her in my arms more than anything. I want to look into her eyes. And sing her songs. I want to rock her and read to her and kiss her cheeks. I want her. I want her. I want her.

5 comments:

Janell said...

Oh Katy. I'm so sorry. That's all. Just so sorry.

Traci Weldie said...

Oh, my heart breaks for you and with you. I will keep praying and trusting God's timing.

Blume Family said...

I can't imagine! I am praying for her & for your heart!!!

The Morgan 4 said...

I am so sorry!

5SMiTHS said...

I'm so sorry Katy! I also can't imagine the ache. I have tears for you! Its not fair that she is getting older everyday without you guys. DON'T give up thoough, she is counting on you to keep that paperwork and those fingerprints updated! I wish there were words that you haven't heard yet that could make things a little easier. After all of this waiting and heartache I can only imagine what it will be like the day you do get to hold her. The days I held my sons for the first time were indescriblable but I think for you and Sam it will be 100 times more specal after all that you are doing and going through. Please keep your faith! I continue to pray for your calming patience ...and sanity! We love you guys
Laura