It has been a week since we got our shirts and we only have 2 left! Praise the Lord! But don't worry, there is still time to get yours if you haven't done so! I am going to place another order this week, so I will have plenty!
Yesterday I was feeling so discouraged about the distance we have left in the adoption. I was looking ahead at the what we still needed and it seemed so daunting. I have been really anxious lately about the whole adoption. I feel like my baby is laying in a crib in an orphanage in Ethiopia just waiting for me to come get her. I feel a sense of urgency to get to her and take care of her. I realize that it's a bit ridiculous for several reasons. First of all, she is in the hands of my heavenly father and He cares for her more than I ever will. (not to mention I don't know if she's born or not!) Second, I know that God called us to this, He is making the way before us, and He will provide for us in His time...the right time. (at least I know this in my head) The thing is, I pray about it every day, but I don't really give it to the Lord. I never really realized the difference until now. It's amazing the things God has taught me through this whole process.
Today I am looking behind and seeing all that God has done, all that He has provided. It puts the future in better perspective. He has been so faithful and I don't know why I ever doubt. We serve a big God and he cares for his children, even when we don't deserve it.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
6 years ago


1 comments:
Katy, you are wonderful. Reading about all that God is teaching you is such an encouragement. Violet Grace is His precious daughter, and He is caring for her until He can give her to you. I love you, friend. Anyway, I am going to wear your shirt again tomorrow, I think, and there are many people here who are very interested in Africa and supporting good causes, so I hope to convince at least a few of them to buy one! :)
Post a Comment