You may or may not have heard that Sam and I are adopting a baby from Ethiopia. I decided that I would periodically post blogs along the journey. Alot has already happened in my heart so I wont try to catch you up all at once. I'll start with what lead us to decide to adopt.
Sam and I have talked about adopting internationally since we were dating. After getting married and it became more of a possibility I became fearful of adopting. There seem to be so many unknowns. Sam would periodically bring it up, but I didn't want to talk about it. One day I realized that I had completley shut out the idea of adoption because I was fearful. I began to pray that God would open my heart to it and that He would show me if this is what He wanted for us. And He did just that. Instantly he began to open my heart and assure me that I needed to trust Him. Through one particular conversation I became really excited about adopting. I started looking for agencies that very week. I figured I didn't need to wait and see if I was being impulsive because the process is so long that I would have plenty of time for God to change my mind if this was the wrong path for us. But He hasn't. Some people have asked what if the baby has health issues? What if they have developmental or behavioral problems? etc. I have asked these same questions and there are no guarantees. But the thing is, when we have our own children there are no guarantees. Our only guarantee in life is that God is in control and He cares for us. "We believe that God knows the number of hairs on each child's head, where that child will live and who his or her family will be." We are not just adopting a baby. We are adopting our baby. The baby that God knew before time, would be ours.
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment