It has been exactly one year since we started this journey of adoption. Last year on November 19th we sent our application for the CWA Ethiopia program. What a journey! I remember being so excited and yet overwhelmed by the paperwork and the fees to come. Actually I had no idea how much paper work I had coming my way! And yet here we are with every paper signed and all fees paid (other than travel costs)....and we're waiting!
This journey has been amazing. God has taught me lesson after lesson. And I have been blessed more than I could ever express. At the beginning of this process I had so many fears that people were not going to understand or be supportive of our decision to adopt. Boy was I wrong! I have never felt more supported in my life. I couldn't thank you guys enough for the love you have poured out on us. God has used you more than you know.
Though sometimes I feel impatient with all the waiting, I know in my heart that God's timing is perfect. His hand has been in this from the beginning and He knows exactly what He's doing! So I will trust Him. Next year at this time I hope to update my blog with my little one sitting on my lap. :)
6 years ago


1 comments:
I can't believe it has been a year it feels like only a few months. I long for the day I see you holding Violet, nothing will make me happier and know that I pray for her daily too. I love you and can't wait to be mommies together. Not only is Violet going to be a gift to you but you will be such a gift to her. I am so proud of you! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment