I got back from Summer camp on Sunday. Our youth group spent 4 days camping at Donner Lake. We had a great time. Four students accepted Christ as their savior. I had such a blast hanging out with the staff and students. We went rock climbing and boating and swam in the lake etc. Camps and retreats are what keep me going in youth ministry. There's just something about spending several days with students away from their normal life that gets them to stop and think. This was our 4th summer camp with Westside and I think it was the best. This was also my last summer camp with Westside Church because we are going to be attending Carmichael Bible Church starting in 2 weeks. This week is my last youth group and our last sunday.
I cannot express how sad I am to see our time at Westside end. God has used our time their to teach me things I may not have otherwise learned. God used Westside to expand my world vision, to more deeply understand worship, to see what it means to follow and support our leaders, to follow each step God sets before us without needing to see the whole path, to serve our community, that church isn't about me, to grow more in love with God's word...etc. I could go on and on. I am honored to be a part of their family and to have served alongside of them.
6 years ago


1 comments:
Hey, I saw your blog from the fundraiser listserv. I really like your shirt! My roomie from college is a graphic designer and is going to design one for us using the phrase "you had me at privyet." Congratulations on your progress so far! We are thinking that we will go with CWA, too. We've had to push back our date some, but until our turn, we live vicariously through other adopting couples. :)
Post a Comment